Egg Congee with Bird's Nest
113g bird’s nest fibre, soaked until soft and stewed
113g long – grain rice
1 salted duck egg
1 preserved duck egg
150 g shin of pork
- Wash and soak rice in water for 1 hour.
- Shell preserved duck egg. Remove the dirt of salted duck egg and wash.
- Wash, thickly slice, parboil and rinse shin of pork.
- Put preserved duck egg and salted duck egg into 10 cups of water and bring to the boil. Add rice and shin of pork. Reduce to low heat and cook until congee is smooth. Remove preserved duck egg and salted duck egg and cut into wedges.
- Add bird’s nest to congee and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and combine with preserved duck egg, salted duck egg and Chinese parsley. Serve.